Sunday, July 08, 2007

In Short Bursts

Jack Handey's site (finally) featuring all of his Deep Thoughts, a DT of the Day, audio of Jack reciting his pieces, and more. I can only take so much, but that little bit can set a delightful tone that can last for, well, minutes.


Deep Thoughts on Israel's Right to Exist

A dip into the Israel-Palastine debate, and one that I can understand. It's not inflammatory, a welcome relief. Apparently David Mamet wrote a book that incorrectly quoted Noam Chomsky on Israel's right to exist. (That's SO Mamet!)

Talk about a can of worms. I'm hesitiant to write what I really think here for fear of coming up on some wacko's search under Holocaust Deniers. Not that I deny the Holocaust...(Would saying 'I'm not a Holocaust Denier because have a picture of my grandfather liberating one of the camps' be like saying I'm not racist becuase I have a black friend? I sure hope not.)

I'm still undereducated about 1947, so this was some helpful dialogue.

More: Blog: Realistic Dove Candid, constructive commentary on Israel, the Arab-Israeli conflict, America’s Middle East policies and their domestic political context.


Literary Feedback Loop

From the 'Writer's' discussion forum on Craigslist. Check out the first piece, "Revelation", and its follow-up, "ii". Then read the feedback from "<->". It contains some of the most eloquent and succinct instructions I think I've ever read. Or, you may've just caught me in a mood.


Quotation of the Day

"The nice thing about being a celebrity is that when you bore people, they think it's their fault."

Henry Kissinger

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Literary feedback - thanks for sharing that. Nice to see you back.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home